Current Employment Opportunities
None at this time
Click the position title for a link to the job description, and follow the instructions directly below to apply for this posting.
Submit Your Resume, Cover Letter, & Employment Application
For employment consideration, please complete the Nichols Employment Application and save to your desktop. Then complete the following fields and upload your employment application, resume, and cover letter. Thank you for your interest in our firm.
Professional Employment Opportunities and Personal Benefits of a Small Firm
- Access to the top: Work directly with senior management on an ongoing basis, which proves to be an invaluable learning experience
- Highly Varied Work: Engage in highly varied work across a broad spectrum of areas. Small firms provide great opportunity to expand a CPA’s skill set.
- Visibility, Appreciation, & Recognition: Small firm CPA’s often see their ideas being implemented and feel as if they’re making a real contribution to the business, and know that they matter.
- Start to Finish: Often staff members are involved in an engagement from start to finish, instead of working on just one facet of a project. This provides a broad understanding of business processes and the opportunity for regular client contact.
- Limited Red Tape: Small firm employees enjoy less bureaucracy and more flexibility. Small firms are agile and efficient, enabling them to adapt to the changing market place.
- Work/Life Integration: Small firms understand the need to maintain a healthy integration and balance between personal and professional lives.
- Flexible Career Track: Employees can develop their career ladder based on individual aspirations and life situations.
- Family Affair: The small CPA firm culture fosters friendly and collegial working relationships where everyone knows one another. This family-type atmosphere gives employees a sense of belonging.
- Job Security: Small business owners know that their greatest asset is their staff. Being part of the small firm family and directly contributing to the firm’s operations and success provides great job security.
Minimum Staff Accountant Qualifications
- Must have a degree in accounting or similar business degree with tax and accounting course work through the intermediate level
- Must have or be working towards obtaining 150 credit hours in accounting
- Must have or be working towards their CPA license
- Must have 0-4 years of experience in tax accounting work – will consider recent graduate for the position
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Group Long-term Disability Insurance
- Group Short-term Disability Insurance
- Group Long Term Care Insurance
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement
- Cafeteria Plan (Flexible Spending Account)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven Paid Holidays
- 16 Paid Personal Days at Start of Employment