CLASSIFICATION: FSLA – NON- EXEMPT
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides general office support to the accounting staff and managers with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Manages and or supports the front desk area to include answering incoming calls, directing calls to the appropriate staff, mail distribution and flow of correspondence, organizing and securely mailing tax returns, requisition of supplies as well as any other tasks and duties as assigned. Position requires discretion and sound judgment regarding firm and client sensitive information.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Shareholder/Owner
To effectively communicate with clients (external and internal) in an enthusiastic, positive, and professional manner:
- Greets clients/visitors (by name whenever possible), informs accounting staff when clients arrive.
- Answers the telephone, provides information; takes and relays messages and /or directs calls to the appropriate personnel; returns call as necessary.
- Routinely examines the office calendar in Outlook for all office personnel to review the days schedule and provide contact information for clients.
To perform administrative duties in an accurate and timely way:
- Schedules appointments as directed by office personnel.
- Gathers and records new client information.
- Receives, opens and distributes incoming mail; prepares and mails outgoing mail. May be required to take mail to the post office for mailing.
- Prepares and/or generates routine correspondence, letters, memoranda, forms, reports, labels for files, and other documents via computer or typewriter.
- Copies, scans processes, faxes, and files tax returns, documents, and other materials.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality and exercise judgment regarding sensitive materials.
- Uses knowledge of various software programs to operate computer in an effective and efficient manner.
To diligently maintain the professional appearance and organization of the office:
- Make coffee, organize kitchen area
- Keep copiers/printers filled with paper.
- Replenish refrigerator with drinks.
- Order lunch as requested.
- Order office/kitchen supplies as needed.
- Water plants.
- Make sure that the appearance of the office is clean and professional.
SUCCESS FACTORS-CORE COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to and demonstrate the firm’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize requests.
- Provide excellent client service.
- Work to build effective client relationships and continually look for ways to add value.
- People Development & Teamwork: Contribute and support the development of the team- continually build and share knowledge, and engage in ongoing personal career growth.
- Business Development: Identify client needs and opportunities to provide mutually beneficial additional services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 2 years prior experience in office administration duties
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: Extended periods of sitting, entering information on a keyboard and viewing up to three monitors on a computer.
- Occasional overtime may be required in to meet regulatory deadlines
- Occasional travel to client offices and Nichols Ontario office
- Minimal hazard work environment: General office working conditions
- Work setting can be quiet and focused with limited social interaction
Nichols is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition