POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for preparation and participation in project engagements as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Shareholder
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of Senior Bookkeeper and/or Bookkeeping Supervisor.
1. Meets performance objectives as outlined in Employee Performance Goals & Objectives document, specific to employee.
- Time Budget
2. Manages workflow.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of job progress and problems as they arise.
- Tracks time on client engagements and documents per the Firm’s policy.
- Prepares neat, organized, accurate work.
- Follows directions and determines when more information is needed.
- Understands and prepares complete work papers and documents pursuant to Firm policy.
- Finishes projects within specified budgeted time and completion schedule.
- Informs others of his/her availability for assignment of additional chargeable work.
- Offers suggestions for improvement in processes.
3. Participates in continuing education and performance improvement.
- Seeks continuing educational opportunities, in partnership with supervisor, to meet Firm’s expectation of minimum 30 hours per year.
- Is active participant in Firm’s coaching process, and determines annual professional development goals.
- Acquires a basic familiarity and understanding of the Firm’s organizational structure, the services it offers to clients, and its practices and policies relating to professional and administrative matters.
- Demonstrates compliance with Firm’s policies.
- Develop a basic knowledge of technical matters and the Firm’s technical policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Possesses basic knowledge of federal and state payroll laws.
- Positive attitude toward the Firm’s vision and goals, and adheres to the Firm’s core vision, mission and value statements.
- Participation in Firm’s events.
- Willingness to work increased hours during peak work cycles.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and printer.
- Knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating and application software, basic ability to use other service area specific application software, and basic ability in utilizing the Firm’s research software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to research and develop technical knowledge, identify issues, and analyze data.
- Willingness to ask clear and precise questions and seek information.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and avoid repeating mistakes.
- Clear understanding of double entry accounting.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and supervisors.
- Demonstrates a cooperative and professional attitude.
- Self starter and team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One to two years of full-charge bookkeeping experience.
- Or, an accounting degree.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift bulky client records, files and laptop (up to 20 lbs).
- Licensed to drive a vehicle (and availability of an insured vehicle for business use when needed with mileage reimbursement).
Nichols is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
Disclaimer: This job description can be modified at any time.