No Open Positions at This Time.
Please check back later, or submit your resume for future consideration.
TITLE: Staff Accountant
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for preparation and participation in project engagements as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Client Manager
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of Senior, Supervisor, and/or Client Manager.
1. Meets performance objectives as outlined in Employee Performance Goals Objectives specific to employee.
- Time Budget
2. Manages workflow.
- Works independently and provides training for Associates as directed.
- Offers suggestions for client cross-servicing options.
- Keeps senior/supervisor fully informed of job progress and problems as they arise.
- Tracks time on client engagements and documents per Nichols’ policy.
- Ability to support multiple projects and deadlines.
- Prepares neat and organized work.
- Follows directions and determines when more information is needed.
- Understands and prepares complete work papers and documents pursuant to Nichols’ policy.
- Finishes projects within specified budgeted time and completion schedule.
- Informs others of his/her availability for assignment of additional chargeable work.
- Offers suggestions for improvement in process.
3. Participates in continuing education and performance improvement.
- Seeks continuing educational opportunities, in partnership with supervisor, to meet Nichols’ expectation of minimum 40 hours per year.
- Is active participant in Nichols’ coaching process, and determines annual professional development goals.
- Possesses and demonstrates a clear understanding of Nichols’ organizational structure, services offered to clients, and practices and policies relating to professional and administrative matters.
- Understands how to succeed in a public accounting career.
- Demonstrates compliance with Nichols’ policies.
- Exhibits appropriate knowledge of technical matters and Nichols’ technical policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and understands the requirements of CPA state regulations and requirements.
- Positive attitude toward Nichols’ vision and goals, and adheres to Nichols’ core values, mission and vision statements.
- Participation in Nichols’ events.
- Willingness to work increased hours during peak work cycles.
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating and application software, advancing ability to use other service area specific application software, and in utilizing Nichols’ research software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to research and develop technical knowledge, identify issues, and analyze data.
- Ability and willingness to ask clear and precise questions and seek information.
- Learns from mistakes and avoids repeating mistakes.
- Clear understanding of double entry accounting.
- Communicates clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees and supervisors.
- Demonstrates a cooperative and professional attitude.
- Self starter and team player.
- Demonstrates a propensity towards creative solutions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the responsibility to guide their career path with support from supervisors and mentors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four year accounting degree, plus 150 semester hours of education.
- Actively working towards obtaining Certified Public Accountant’s license.
- One year in Public Accounting
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift bulky client records, files and laptop (up to 20 lbs).
- Licensed to drive a vehicle (and availability of an insured vehicle for business use when needed with mileage reimbursement).
Nichols is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
Disclaimer: This job description can be modified at any time. Description assumes employee is proficient in all previous position competencies.
Advancement on your career path will be dependent upon your ability to demonstrate the necessary attributes to be successful at that level.