You’ve Worked Hard to Build Your Business
Know What It’s Worth
- Buying or selling a business
- Death of a family member or business partner
- Gifting of business ownership interests
- Other life events
The Nichols Way
Our professionals will assess and determine the value of a business under current ownership including the intangible parts of a business such as patents, trademarks, employment agreements, copyrights and goodwill. Our formal valuations comply with the Statement on Standards for Valuation Services (SSVS) published by the American Institute of CPAs. Although general valuation concepts and theories apply to each engagement, the data and methods used to value small to mid-sized businesses must employ some common sense, be relevant, and be adapted to the specific situation surrounding the business entity. We may also assist in the review and assessment of a previously prepared valuation to aid in judging its completeness and accuracy.
How You’ll Benefit
- We do the due diligence necessary to understand the business being valued.
- We use the most reliable data available in every case.
- We apply methods from all three valuation approaches; market, income, and asset (cost) and help you understand which one is most reliable for the situation.
- We provide understandable and readable reports.