Effective estate and trust planning can ensure financial security for loved ones. For businesses, it can maintain a smooth succession of ownership.
The delicate subject of what to do with your estate is sometimes not an easy topic to approach. Our experts have worked with estates large and small. We work to protect your assets and pass along your legacy in the way in which you desire, while reducing the tax burden for both the estate and the beneficiary. This process is sometimes deemed as an overwhelming task, but if not dealt with in a timely manner causes unwanted, costly, and unnecessary ramifications.
How We Deliver
At Nichols Accounting, we help clients navigate the questions that need to be asked. We find the answers that are right for you in a language you understand. And our professionals have experience in a wide variety of estate planning techniques that will help you identify and achieve your goals; from simple gifting, to complex wealth transfers, in the most tax efficient way possible. Together, we’ll complete your confidential Estate Planning Workbook which will help you identify the different areas you need to consider. From that basis, we’ll draft an estate plan and work with your legal counsel, or recommend a professional, creating the necessary estate plan documents. Implementation is critical in this process, and we’ll ensure that you’ve completed the appropriate tasks to properly execute the strategies outlined in your plan. You’ll receive your personalized estate planning binder in both paper and digital format with the final results. This working document is then reviewed annually to identify if any changes are warranted.
How You’ll Benefit
- Peace of mind knowing that your wishes are being considered, documented, and then executed when you pass.
- Protection of your assets.
- Knowing that you’ve structured your estate ensuring that your family, favorite charity, and others you care about keep more of what you’ve built.
- Having a working tool, written in clear language, with specific and easy instructions that are simple to follow and execute.
- Knowing that you’ve established a vital part of your financial plan that can help save your family from expenses associated with probate court and family divisions or tensions that may arise after your death.
My husband and I came to Nichols Accounting with a mess on our hands. Karyn and Pete explained the trusts and we made a few changes. When my husband passed away, they were there to guide me and make sure that everything was taken care of properly. I just don’t know what I would have done without them. ~ Charlene, Client
Charting a path for success takes vision. We’re here to help you navigate the journey.
Contact Us Today to Get Started